Friday, July 21, 2017

Writing: Juggling All The Balls

When a writer completes a book, he/she feels like throwing their hat in the air and shouting, "I've finished." But in actuality, the fun's not over by any means. At this point, depending on whether the book is published by a traditional company or self-published, the author must assist with (or take charge of) making sure others read what they've produced.

I've self-published three novellas, so I already knew what was involved for the author in the continuing process. Not only had I been  responsible for cover design and manuscript editing, but I also had to be in charge of marketing the book. Otherwise, it was sort of like yelling in the forest with no one around to hear.

So, with the publication of my novel, Cardiac Event, I had to get the word out about it. I've arranged a number of appearances on other blogs, and since a chance to win a free book seems to draw people, I'll be giving away a copy of the book with each appearance. I'll try to mention each of these interviews or guest appearances on this blog before they take place. And, if you have already bought the book yet win one from me, I'll send you an Amazon gift card instead. How's that?

Fortunately, I've already had one review by Romantic Times Book Reviews, and I was thrilled at their remarks and their calling the novel a Top Pick. Other reviews will come from readers after the book is released. I hope they like it.

And, of course, during all this I'm working on more writing. I have two novellas and a novel almost ready for release, so stay tuned.

For those who haven't yet taken advantage of the pre-publication price of Cardiac Event, you have one more week to do so before it goes up to the regular price. For those who like to read a physical book, a print version will also be available. (Just click the Cardiac Event cover in the sidebar to order now). Oh, and the Kindle format of Doctor's Dilemma will be marked down to $2.99 until July 28 as well.

So that's where I am--busy, but not (yet) overwhelmed. I'll see you in a few days. In the meantime, enjoy the weekend.

Tweet with a single click. "An author's job isn't over when the book is completed."


6 comments:

greg fuller said...

Everything I have read of yours is a knock out. I really enjoy all of your books, because I picture myself in those situations as your characters or I recall life experiences. The books that I truly enjoyed is Silent Night, Deadly Night and Medical Judgment. I'm looking forward to purchasing Cardiac Event and whatever the great Doctor, prescribes as powerful medicine.

Richard Mabry said...

Thanks, Greg. I appreciate it.

Patricia Bradley said...

Great job! I'm tweeting about it and will feature it on my Reader Friday blog in August!

Richard Mabry said...

Thanks, Patricia. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Paula said...

Always great to hear your progress, Richard. May things go smoothly for you! Blessings.

Richard Mabry said...

Paula, I hope you enjoy Cardiac Event when it comes out. Thanks for your nice words.