Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Sharing Good News

I've been sitting on this news for over a week, and those of you who know me are aware that it's hard for me to keep a secret that long. Now I can tell you that I received a phone call some time ago advising me that my novel, Miracle Drug, is a finalist for the Carol Award of the American Christian Fiction Writers. This is the second time one of my novels has been selected as a finalist in this competition. I'm honored and delighted that Miracle Drug has been chosen.

This is the ninth of my ten published novels, and I'd no more be able to choose one as my "best" than I'd be able to choose one of my children as my favorite. But I enjoyed writing Miracle Drug, and the emails I've received tell me that you--my readers--have enjoyed it as well. We'll see what the judges have to say.

What are your feelings about awards? Do they matter? I'd like to know.

Tweet with a single click: Writing awards--do they matter? Click here to tweet.

7 comments:

Patricia Bradley said...

Congratulations, Richard! Well deserved. Miracle Drug is such a good book!

I don't know that I ever bought a book because of an award, but I do know awards make me feel better. :-)

Richard Mabry said...

Patricia, as a reader, an author, or both?
Thanks for your comment.

Patricia Bradley said...

As an author. An award is nice.

Sally Shupe said...

Congratulations! That is awesome news about your book!

Richard Mabry said...

Thanks, Sally. I appreciate it.

And Patricia--me, too.

Elise Griffith said...

Congratulations! I, too, enjoyed Miracle Drug (and reviewed it on Amazon). It was the first of your books that I'd read. Awards are an added bonus for the author. While I don't personally chose books based on whether or not they've won awards, I'm sure some readers do.

Richard Mabry said...

Elise, thank you--for your review and for your kind words about Miracle Drug. For an author, awards don't translate into sales and royalties, but they do offer validation to the hard work that goes into crafting a book.