Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Random Jottings...No, Really

I've been doing this blog for years now. I started out in the exuberance of the not-yet-published, thinking I would build a huge following and be ready with my "platform" when a publisher asked for figures. Soon, my five days a week turned to three, and eventually to two. For a while now, I've been posting on Tuesdays about random stuff, while Friday has been devoted to the writing life. But today, I have absolutely no wisdom to share.

I look at the headlines, and cringe at the turn politics in our country has taken. But I've determined not to use my blog for political purposes. I don't know how much longer I can hold out, so you may want to stay tuned.

Baseball season is about to start. I've been watching spring training games for years (even participating in a few), and it didn't take me long to determine that at this point in pre- season, although most of the "regulars" will start the game, by the sixth inning or so they'll be headed for the golf course or a local watering hole. I'm ready for the games to count, and that's another week away.

I could go on, but the sum and substance of it all is that I have nothing profound to share. I just want to enjoy the sunshine and not even think about the work I need to do. How about you? Ever have a lazy day when you'd like to turn off the world (starting with the TV, computer, and cell phone) and pick up a good book? Want to share your guilty knowledge? I promise not to tell a soul.

Tweet with a single click. "Ever had a day when you wanted to do absolutely nothing?" Click here to tweet.

3 comments:

Patricia Bradley said...

Unfortunately, I've had a month of them...with a July deadline. :-) I blame it on the time change...or at least the last 3 weeks.

Gail H. said...

Mine's everyday! I don't know whether to blame it on my age, health (or lack thereof), spring fever or just plain laziness.

Richard Mabry said...

Patricia and Gail--at least I'm not alone in this feeling. Thanks for commenting.