Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day 2015

Today, May 25, 2015 is the day we celebrate Memorial Day--a day set aside to honor those who have given their lives in the service of our country.

Despite our differences--political, religious, racial, lifestyle, geographic, whatever-- I hope that for one day we can pause together to remember and thank those who've served to protect our freedom and that of others. That's what Memorial Day is all about. That's what it should be.

I'm proud to have served my country in the United States Air Force. I salute my fellow comrades, and honor those who gave the "last full measure of devotion" in that service. God bless America.

(This post will substitute for my usual Tuesday blog post. Come back Friday for more about the writing life).

2 comments:

shirley said...

Well said and done.

Richard Mabry said...

Thanks, Shirley.