Tuesday, May 19, 2015

It Was The Best Of Times...

...it was the worst of times. Most of us are familiar with those opening lines from A Tale Of Two Cities. As an author, I can identify with the sentiment, if not with the setting. Today is release day for my eighth novel of medical suspense, Fatal Trauma. I was probably a lot more enthusiastic about the release of my first novel. As with so many other things, eventually the experience loses a bit of luster. Oh, I'm pleased--don't get me wrong. But now my energy is spent less on celebrating and more on trying to get the word out about the book.

That means doing guest interviews and blog posts. These are things I generally enjoy, and I don't want to knock them. But I also like to check those sites and respond to comments, which is all well and good. However, when you have seven such appearances in just a few days, it can take a fair amount of your time. (By the way, there's a chance to win a copy of Fatal Trauma at most of these).

I started with an interview by colleague and author Nancy Mehl on the Suspense Sisters blog. Here's the link. Then I had interviews with Leslie McKee of Romantic Times and was privileged to talk with Susan Sleeman at The Suspense Zone. Then there's this interview with Sarah Ruut at her blog.

As I said before: "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times." But I'll be the first to admit it's a happy problem. It goes with being a published author--and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Did you have this concept of what an author does? Would you like to know more about our lives? Let me know.

Image courtesy of stockimages at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Tweet with a single click: "An author's schedule can get hectic as release date for a book nears." Click here to tweet.

No comments: