Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day

I'm breaking from my usual schedule of posts about the writing life on Friday to wish everyone a happy Valentine's Day. There is lots of lore about this day and the martyred priest who died in the 5th century for which it's named. A cynic has said that this is a day when a man can give his wife chocolates and flowers without being asked, "What did you do?" Or this is a day when a woman can fix her husband's favorite meal (if he's not taking her out) without his wondering, "What's up?"

Seriously, I hope each of you enjoys the day. I'll be back on my regular schedule of writing next week. In the meantime, tell me how you plan to celebrate (if at all).

Note: If you're a subscriber to my newsletter, watch your email tomorrow for a special edition, with a preview of Critical Condition and an opportunity to win a signed Advance Reading Copy of the book. If you're not a subscriber, use the link in the right-hand margin to sign up now.

(Picture via freedigitalphotos.net)

No comments: