Tuesday, February 19, 2013

It Could Be Worse

Ever wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, having just realized there was something you left undone? That was me at 4 AM, as I couldn't recall preparing today's blog. My apologies for the late post, but it could be worse...for me, for you, for lots of people.

We could live in Siberia, where a meteor recently plunged to earth injuring and killing people and doing extensive damage. We could live in the Northeastern US, where some of my friends and colleagues are in the midst of their second blizzard in a short time. We could live in one of the areas of the Far East that my family recently discussed, areas where the poverty and living conditions made us cry when we saw them. It could be worse.

While you go about your business today, I hope you'll do as I plan to--whatever life, throws at me, I intend to pause and think: It could be worse.

(photo via FreeDigitalPhotos.net)

No comments: