Friday, December 21, 2012

Writing: When A Project Nears Completion

I thought you might be interested in what's going on in my writing life. Stress Test is not due for release until April 1 or so (yes, the significance of the date isn't lost on me), but I now have one of the Advance Reader's Copies, and there's just something about seeing your name on the cover and reading the endorsements that gives an author a boost.

I'm thrilled that after reading advance copies, some heavy hitters in the fiction world saw fit to give these endorsements:

"Packed with thrills, Stress Test is a lightning-paced read that you'll read in one breath."
     Tess Gerritsen, New York Times best-selling author of Last To Die.

"Original and profound. I found the Christian message engaging and fascinating, and the story a thrill-a-minute."
     Michael Palmer, New York Times best-selling author of Oath of Office

"Sirens, scalpels, and the business end of a revolver--Stress Test offers Code 3 action and a prescription for hope."
     Candace Calvert, best-selling author of Code Triage and Trauma Plan

"Stress Test comes with a warning: Prepare to stop life until you finish the last page."
     DiAnn Mills, author of The Chase and The Survivor

"Recurring legal, medical and romantic thrills. Diagnosis: pure entertainment."
     James Scott Bell, award-winning suspense author.

 If you'd like a taste of Stress Test, click here to hear me read a selection from the first chapter.

I wish the book were available in time for Christmas, but if you wish to pre-order a copy (they're currently discounted significantly), drop me a line at Dr R L Mabry at yahoo dot com with your address and any personalization you want, and I'll mail you a signed bookplate and a bookmark.

Merry Christmas, all. With that commercial message, I'm going to close down the blog until after New Year's. See you January 4.

9 comments:

Patti Hill said...

Great endorsements from respected writers. What a nice Christmas present for you. Thanks for sharing.

Richard Mabry said...

Thanks, Patti. Appreciate that.
And best wishes for a Merry Christmas.

BJ Hoff said...

Very nice, Richard--congrats.

And Merry Christmas!

Richard Mabry said...

Thanks, BJ. And in the words of our mutual friend, JSB, "Right back atcha."

Mark Young said...

Great list, Richard. Well deserved! Merry Christmas!

Richard Mabry said...

Thanks, Mark. Best wishes to you and yours for a wonderful Christmas.

Mocha with Linda said...

These are making me crazy! Can't wait!!

Merry Christmas!

Richard Mabry said...

Be patient, Linda. Be patient. Thanks for your comment, though.

Joy Hannabass said...

WhooooHoooo..I am just reading about Stress Test and I can't wait to read it! If it is anything like Dr. Mabry's last series then it will be an awesome read! If you need reviewers, just let me know, I'm avaliable! I continue to be a hugh Richard Mabry fan!
Blessings....Joy Hannabass
ibjoy1953(at)yahoo.com