Friday, December 09, 2011

Pam Meyers Tells Us It’s Always Thyme for Love


 While I'm guest-blogging today at Cathy West's Blog About Books, I’ve asked author Pam Meyers to share some thoughts with us on this space. I think you’ll enjoy getting to know Pam and the story behind her debut novel, Thyme For Love. Before we hear from Pam, here's a little about the novel:

When April Love signs on to be an in-house chef at an old lakeshore mansion in Canoga Lake, Wisconsin, she comes face to face with her long-lost love, the drop-dead gorgeous Marc Thorne. It doesn't take long for their old magnetism to recharge, but how can she trust the guy who left her nearly at the altar eight years earlier? Her gut tells her something happened to Marc in between--something he's reluctant to reveal. When April's boss is murdered, Marc is accused of the crime. Unless April can find out who really killed Ramón Galvez, her chances for love will end up at the county jail. 

My writing journey began some years back when I was enrolled at Trinity International University here in Illinois in an accelerated adult bachelor’s program. One creative writing class, and I became hooked on fiction. Little did I realize how long a journey it would be before I signed my first contract.

By the time I began writing Thyme for Love, I’d already written a women’s fiction novel, a romance, and a novella, all of which never made it to publication. I’d always wanted to write a story set in my hometown of Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, and thought a story that married romance and mystery would be fun to write. The many 20th Century mansions that dot Geneva Lake’s shoreline, always intrigued me, and I toyed with the idea of setting the story in one of those homes. But I eventually decided to gain more freedom with some of the plot details and its characters, it would be better to create a fictional village and lake just to the east of Lake Geneva. I loved that my characters could go into town for a meal at an actual restaurant located there or hang by the lake. I also gave them backgrounds that involve working on Geneva Lake as many college students do during the summer months.

I hope my readers have as much fun reading my story as I did writing it.

Thanks, Pam. We appreciate your sharing, and look forward to reading Thyme for Love. I understand it’s available at all the major online and brick-and-mortar booksellers.

2 comments:

Pamela S. Meyers said...

Thanks Richard for inviting me to your blog today and letting me share a bit about my writing life and my debut novel, Thyme for Love! It's been fun.

Bethany said...

I won this book from another website and can't wait to read it! :)