Friday, October 21, 2011

What's Next?

There's a lot of buzz on the Internet recently about blog fatigue. Some fairly prolific bloggers have decided to pack it in, or at least take a hiatus. Others have cut back their schedule.

Long ago, I decided that about two blogs a week was my limit, and I've managed to keep that up for quite a while, but it does get wearing after a while. Which leads me to my question. Since you're a reader of this blog (or you at least are reading this particular post), what would you like to see? Inside information about the writing life? Gossip from the publishing world. Guest posts from other authors? Book giveaways? More about the Texas Rangers (the baseball team, not the law enforcement group). I would include the Dallas Cowboys, but I'm not into tragedy right now.

Let me know what you think? I'm waiting, my fingers poised over the keyboard.

4 comments:

Timothy Fish said...

I'm the wrong person to be asking, but I'll know it when I see it.

Erica Vetsch said...

Not sure what you should put on the blog, but how 'bout those Rangers last night!?!

Carol J. Garvin said...

It's tempting to use guests and tidbits from other sources to fill our blogging quotas, but when I visit a blog it's because I like learning something about that specific blogger and his writing experiences and personal news. Except for occasional interviews which introduce me to new writers, if I'm looking for the scoop on Author B I can visit his/her website. And gossip is available elsewhere, too. Now the Rangers? My main sports interest is hockey so you might have to educate me there. ;)

Richard Mabry said...

Thanks for your comments. Still buzzing about the Ranger win.