Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Win Brandilyn Collins' Latest Book: Over The Edge

Brandilyn Collins is a best-selling novelist known for her trademark Seatbelt Suspense®. Her books have garnered multiple awards: ACFW  Book of the Year (three times), Inspirational Readers' Choice, and Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice. She's been a friend and encourager to me on my own road to writing.

When she's not writing, Brandilyn can be found teaching the craft of fiction at writers' conferences. I caught up with her when she was in the Dallas area to teach at one of those conferences, and during our visit she graciously provided a signed copy of her latest book, Over The Edge, for me to give to one of my readers. More about that at the end of this post. But first, a preview of the book.

Janessa McNeil's husband, Dr. Brock McNeil, a researcher and professor at Stanford University's Department of Medicine, specializes in tick-borne diseases - especially Lyme. For years he has insisted that Chronic Lyme Disease doesn't exist. Even as patients across the country are getting sicker, the committee Brock chairs is about to announce its latest findings - which will further seal the door shut for Lyme treatment. 

One embittered man sets out to prove Dr. McNeil wrong by giving him a close-up view of the very disease he denies. The man infects Janessa with Lyme, then states his demand: convince her husband to publicly reverse his stand on Lyme—or their young daughter will be next.

But Janessa's marriage is already rocky. She's so sick she can hardly move or think. And her husband denies she has Lyme at all.  


Brandilyn is serious about the Lyme Wars, because she's been a victim herself. You can read more about her struggle here. May is National Lyme Disease Awareness Month, so it's fitting that this book was released this month. For a chance to win a copy, please comment at the end of this post. (Sorry, but postage costs make me limit this to entrants in the US and Canada).  Also, be sure I can contact you, either  by providing your email (in this form: Dr R L Mabry at yahoo dot com) or making sure you have a "contact me" tab on your blogger profile.

20 comments:

Katherine Hyde said...

Hi, Richard,
I have a good friend who has Lyme and another who might. I'd love to win a copy of Over the Edge. Contact me at katherine at kbhyde dot com. Thanks!

Anne Payne said...

First off, let me say how much I enjoy your books, Dr Mabry! I haven't had the pleasure of reading any of Brandilynn's books so I would love the opportunity to read this one. Thank you so much for the giveaway!

homesteading[at]charter[dot]net

Jo said...

I have a good friend with Lyme disease who has been going through so much getting rid of it. This sounds like a awesome book and definitely want to read.

Blessings,
Jo
ladijo40(at)aol(dot)com

Richard Mabry said...

My thanks to Katherine, Anne, and Jo--it's a great book (I just finished reading it about the time I posted this) and I wish each of you luck in the random drawing.

And thanks, Anne, for the nice words about my books. Glad you're enjoying them.

Katie said...

I've been popping back to this blog periodically over the last few months and I've really enjoyed what I've seen. I'm really interested in this book because of my close friend who has lost years of her childhood to battling Lyme. It's been a long journey that's far from over, and I'd love to hear this story too.

<>< Katie
KatieAxelson[at]gmail[dot]com

Charity said...

I would love to be entered in this giveaway! Brandilyn is a wonderful author and I love her books! Thanks so much for the chance at winning it. Coming over from ACFW.

esterried[at]yahoo[dot]com

Ann Lee Miller said...

Thanks for the chance to win Brandilyn's book!
Ann_Lee_Miller@msn.com

carol J. Garvin said...

I was introduced to Brandilyn's books a couple years ago by winning one from Jeanette Levellie's blog. Now she's on my list of regularly read authors. This sounds like a fascinating story! I guess it's not likely I'll win a second one of hers, but I can always hope. :)

CarolJGarvin [at] gmail [dot] com

Merry said...

Brandilyn's books are always amazing, I can't wait to read Over the Edge. My daughter has Lyme, so I am very drawn to this story. Thanks for a chance to win it!
worthy2bpraised at gmail dot com

Pamela J said...

Suspense is one of my favorite types of books to read. It's amazing that someone can intertwine real life stuff (Lyme) into a story. Thanks for entering my name into your drawing.
cepjwms at wb4me dot com

HollyMag said...

Thanks for offering this book giveaway. I love Brandilyn's books.
Blessings,
hollymag(at)gmail(dot)com

Linda said...

I'm interested how Brandilyn used Lyme disease to make it into a thriller. I love her writing!

desertrose5173 at gmail dot com

lorlyn63 said...

This sounds like a great book! I have never read any of Brandilyn's books, but I have been wanting to. I love Christian suspense! I know of people who have suffered from Lyme's disease and so would enjoy reading how she incorporated her experience into a suspense novel.
I love medical mysteries, as I have worked in the medical field most of my adult life and there is always something new to learn about and keeps it interesting!

Blessings,
Lorlyn
triplel(at)evertek(dot)com

Richard Mabry said...

Thanks to all of you who continue to comment. I'll take comments through the weekend, then crank up the random number generator and post a winner Monday morning.

Grammy said...

Richard as you know I've read all your books so far and loved them. I would love to win Brandilyn's book as I have never read any of her work.Always looking for a new author.
Wilma


wilmamet6atgmaildotcom

Maureen said...

I would love to read Brandilyn's book!
Would you believe even our Old English Sheepdog tested positive for this horrible disease!


alekee02[at]yahoo[dot]om

Jan Marie said...

Since I have a relative who had Lyme Disease, I have been interested in reading this book ever since I first heard Brandilyn talk about it several months ago. Apparently my relative had a much milder case, based on what I have read on Brandilyn's discussions.

Thanks for the opportunity to win this book - one can always count on Brandilyn's books for lots of suspense, entertainment, and escape.

Blessings,
Jan Marie

janmarien[at]embarqmail[dot]com

Richard Mabry said...

I appreciate all the comments from those of you wishing to read Over The Edge, and I know Brandilyn does as well.

I'll close the comments thread at noon tomorrow (assuming we haven't all been raptured by then) and post the name of the winner on Monday.

Blessings, all.

Jan Marie said...

Since I have a relative who had Lyme Disease, I have been interested in reading this book ever since I first heard Brandilyn talk about it several months ago. Apparently my relative had a much milder case, based on what I have read on Brandilyn's discussions.

Thanks for the opportunity to win this book - one can always count on Brandilyn's books for lots of suspense, entertainment, and escape.

Blessings,
Jan Marie

janmarien[at]embarqmail[dot]com

Richard Mabry said...

Thanks to all of you who continue to comment. I'll take comments through the weekend, then crank up the random number generator and post a winner Monday morning.