Friday, October 08, 2010

Book Signing On Friday

I'll be signing copies of my books, Code Blue and Medical Error, at the Mardel Book Store in Frisco, Texas on Saturday, October 9, between 1:00 and 3:00 PM. If you're in the area, I hope you'll drop by to say "Hi," and help yourself to a Hershey's chocolate kiss.

Authors all know that book signings can be fun events, but there can be times when the loneliness is comparable to being cast adrift on a raft. Whether I sign any books or not, I'd still like to have the opportunity to meet you.

Be sure to come back to this blog on Monday, October 11, for a great interview with Bill Myers. See how getting dumped by his girl friend was the turning point in his life.

3 comments:

lauradroege said...

I hope the book signing went well and all those Hershey's kisses were eaten by very appreciative readers.

Richard Mabry said...

Laura, The signing was about as successful as any of them are. Signed about a dozen books in a couple of hours. For anyone living in the area, that's a very nice store.
As for the Hershey's kisses, I've noticed that they draw a few kids who look longingly at them until I say, "You may have one if your mother (or father) says it's okay." This is usually good for a few words with the parent, but not many sales.

lauradroege said...

I hope the book signing went well and all those Hershey's kisses were eaten by very appreciative readers.