Monday, September 06, 2010

Labor Day

Today is Labor Day, the semi-official last day of summer. As you enjoy the last day of this long weekend, think of the people for whom Labor Day is just another day. People will be at work today in grocery stores, pharmacies, department stores, service stations, and dozens of other businesses we take for granted. Give thanks for their efforts.

My own thoughts turn to health care workers, who are there for us whenever we need them, regardless of the calendar. I've put in my share of hours working or being on call on holidays, and I'd like to express my appreciation to my colleagues in the profession who are working today. Thanks for your service.

Have a great day. See you on Thursday.

4 comments:

Lisa Jordan said...

A very thoughtful post, Richard. I have a bunch of friends in the health care industry. I'm thankful for their dedication during those holidays where everyone else gets to play.

Linda Glaz said...

Amen, no days off for hospital workers.

Richard Mabry said...

Lisa and Linda, Thanks for joining in. Hope your own day was great.

Erin MacPherson said...

I (finally) ordered your book on Amazon and now i'm getting SO excited to read it... it should be here soon and I'll be sure to write a review when I'm done!