Thursday, April 22, 2010

Win A Copy Of Code Blue

Cathy Bryant has graciously posted an interview with me on her blog today. Check it out, and leave a comment for a chance to win a free copy of Code Blue.

By my count, in the past month I've been fortunate enough to be featured on over twenty different blogs and websites, and in many instances I've offered a copy of Code Blue to one of the commenters. That set me wondering. Why don't I give a copy to a loyal reader (or even a not-so-loyal one) of this blog? Good question. But instead of leaving the choice of the recipient up to a random numbers generator--an entity I never suspected existed until I Googled it--I decided to make it a contest.

You might want to start by reading one or two interviews I've done. The archives at the right include posts with links to the sites where I've been interviewed. You can also read the "about me" section of my website. What I'd like you to do is come up with three questions you'd like to asks me. Post them in the comments section of this blog (not subsequent ones) by April 30 at noon, Central time. I'll choose what I think is the best set of questions, and do the following for the person submitting them:


-I'll contact you for your snail mail address and send you an inscribed copy of Code Blue. And, if you've already bought a copy, I'll send one to whomever you choose, along with a personal note telling them of your generosity.

-I'll answer your three questions in this blog the following week, and post a head shot of you (which you'll need to send me) at the top of the interview.

-I'll give you a month to send me a potential guest blog. If it's suitable, I'll publish it here at Random Jottings.

Three rules: 1) Provide a valid email address at the end of the comment, putting it in this format to foil webcrawlers (your name at server dot com).  2) Play fair. No spitting, biting, cursing, or plagiarism. 3) Decision of the judge(s) is final.

Now what could be fairer or more fun than that? I look forward to your questions. Thanks for playing.

6 comments:

Becky said...

1. Your first book to be published was non-fiction. Was this a cathartic exercise for you? What prompted you to write it?

2. Did you always have a dsire to write fiction, or was "Code Blue" an unexpected turn in your career?

3. Who, in your life, has inpired and encouraged you the most?

Maria I. Morgan said...

Congratulations on your blog interviews! My three questions:

1. How did your life experiences as a doctor play into the scenes and characters we see in 'Code Blue'?

2. I noticed that you've published books with two different publishing companies. Tell me about the process.

3. You've obviously had some rich life experiences. What do you hope to accomplish in the next 10 years?

*I appreciate the fact that your life is a testimony of your belief in the Lord. Lifes challenges have obviously made you stronger and I am encouraged by your desire to give Him the glory. God bless!

morgan(dot)maria(dot)i(at)gmail(dot)com

Cindy said...

Congratulations again on the blog interviews. This sounds like a fun contest--I'm interested in seeing what questions everyone comes up with. Have a great day!

Susan DiMickele said...

I won't be entering the contest because I already bought a copy! It was great, thanks!

Rosslyn Elliott said...

Fun contest! I'm also going to buy mine, but this will be entertaining reading.

Rosslyn Elliott said...

Fun contest! I'm also going to buy mine, but this will be entertaining reading.