Monday, April 12, 2010

Book Launch

As promised, I'm posting photos from last Thursday night's book launch. I'm indebted to Kyle Hall and the staff at Legacy Books for the help and cooperation. And, of course, my wife Kay was the perfect hostess, keeping me calm (within the bounds of reason), serving cake, chatting with those who showed up, and in general making things go smoothly.


Every book launch party has to have a cake. Ours was a tres leches cake, and although I didn't go the whole nine yards by having it decorated like the cover of the book (come on, people--we're just going to eat it), it served the purpose well.


Here I am, behind the same desk and chair that Sara Palin used when she signed at Legacy Books. We didn't have Secret Service protection for this one, but on the other hand, we didn't have a crowd in line around the block, either.


But they eventually did show up--we found later that there had been a major wreck and traffic tie-up in the area.


This is just part of the group that attended.


I talked a bit about my journey to publication and answered some questions. Then we enjoyed coffee and cake.





And, of course, I signed some books--about 30 before it was all over.


My thanks to everyone who attended. Thanks, again, to Kay for all she did to make the event go smoothly. Thanks to Jan Kreider for some of the photos that appear here. And thanks to those of you who follow my blog who've already purchased Code Blue. I appreciate it.

8 comments:

Keli Gwyn said...

I'm glad your launch party went so well. I like the bottom photo best. That smile speaks volumes.

Rosslyn Elliott said...

Richard, I was hoping to hear more about this launch! Congrats--it looks like a lot of fun. :-)

Carol J. Garvin said...

Congratulations on a successful launch! Perfect colour scheme to keep your book's title in everyone's mind. And that cake looks delicious! :)

Crystal Laine Miller said...

Wish I could have been there in person! I'm so happy for you and thanks so much for sharing your moment in history. What fun!

Carol J. Garvin said...

Richard, I also meant to say that I appreciate you and what you reveal of yourself here. Over on my blog you'll find I've chosen you for an award: http://wp.me/phaYw-C1

Jennifer AlLee said...

Congratulations, Richard, on a great launch. It looks like you were having a ball!

Rel said...

Only an ocean kept me away ;-)

Jennifer AlLee said...

Congratulations, Richard, on a great launch. It looks like you were having a ball!