Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Please Send Lesa and Jim A Word Of Support

I honestly can't recall how I first made the cyber-acquaintance of Lesa Holstine, host of Lesa's Book Critiques. She has a long career in the library field, and currently is Library Manager in Glendale, AZ. In addition to her blog, she's a contributing Book Reviewer for Library Journal, Mystery News, Mystery Readers Journal, and various websites. However the acquaintance came about, I've been a regular reader for a while.

This morning, Lesa stunned her readers by announcing that her husband, Jim, has been diagnosed with a metastatic malignancy. They're meeting with their physician soon to map out a strategy, but in the meantime, please join me in dropping by her blog and leaving a word of encouragement and a promise of prayer support for Lesa and Jim. I can identify more than most with what they're going through, and I know that they'd appreciate your prayers. Thanks.

1 comment:

Carol J. Garvin said...

I don't know Jim and Lesa but my mother died exactly the same way so I can certainly relate to the shock of such news. I left a comment for them and will pray as well.