Friday, December 18, 2009

Please Join Me In Celebrating

I'd like to share some good news with all my readers. I've just signed a contract with Abingdon Press for the publication of the second and third novels in the Prescription For Trouble series. In addition to Code Blue, which will be released April 1, 2010, you can look for Medical Error in the fall of 2010 and Cause Of Death the following spring.

I'd like to express my sincere appreciation to my agent, Rachelle Gardner of WordServe Literary, and Barbara Scott, Senior Acquisitions Editor at Abingdon Press for all they've done to make this dream a reality. Thanks to you both for believing in me.

You can pre-order Code Blue now from your local independent bookseller, Amazon, Christianbook.com, or Cokesbury books. If you do, drop me an email (using the "email me" tab at the upper right corner of this page) with your mailing address and the name of the retailer from which you ordered, and I'll send you a signed bookplate for the front of the book. As an added bonus, at the end of Code Blue you'll find a preview of Medical Error. I hope it piques your interest.

Thanks for letting me share this exciting news with you. My sincere wishes to all my readers for a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year. Blessings.

15 comments:

Jody Hedlund said...

How awesome!!! What a great Christmas present!! I'm so thrilled for you!

Wendy @ All in a Day's Thought said...

Just saw this on Twitter. Congratulations!
~ Wendy

Cindy said...

Congratulations, what wonderful news. Have a Merry Christmas!

D'Ann Mateer said...

Good for you! Can't wait to read them all!

Nancy Naigle said...

Congratulations on the book deal!
Wishing you an inspired 2010.
Nancy

T. Anne said...

Huge congrats! What a blessing and the perfect time of year for one as well!

Richard Mabry said...

Thanks to all of you who've left your congratulations here and on my Facebook page. I've known about this for a few weeks, but couldn't say anything until the deal was signed and sealed. I'm delighted to share my joy with you all. Now I have the challenge of writing under a deadline (which is, in the final analysis, a happy problem I guess).

Myra Johnson said...

Great news, Doc! Can't wait to read your books!

Matilda McCloud said...

Congratulations!! Wonderful news!

Carol J. Garvin said...

That's exciting news! Congratulations!! I'm a fan of medical mysteries so am looking forward to reading your books.

Author Sandra D. Bricker said...

This is wonderful news!! Congratulations.

yarnbuck said...

Hey, Richard - Just wanted to add a High Five! You Go, Doc!

destrella said...

How very exciting. Just wanted to extend my congrats to you also. :O)

Author Sandra D. Bricker said...

This is wonderful news!! Congratulations.

Myra Johnson said...

Great news, Doc! Can't wait to read your books!