Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Encouragement

Soon Kay and I will be driving to Lake Lure, North Carolina, enjoying the beautiful fall colors along the way and getting some much-needed rest and relaxation. I'll be taking my laptop and hope to get a lot of work done on my next novel. My writing has been curtailed--scratch that and make it brought to a screeching halt--by the activities of our move. But it's time to start writing again.

It seems as though each time I begin to wonder whether I should stop writing, God sends me a sign of encouragement. I've had several such signs recently. This year, three of my meditations have been published in Upper Room. I've just had a free-lance piece published in the November issue of In Touch magazine. (The November issue isn't online yet, but if you go to the site and click "magazine," then "current issue" it should be up soon). Another free-lance article has been accepted by Christian Communicator and should appear soon. And there's significant interest in my latest novel. So I'm encouraged to get back to writing. It should help that I can do it while watching the leaves turn. It generally does.

3 comments:

Crystal Laine Miller said...

This encouraged me, too, Dr. Richard. You keep writing because you are doing wonderful writing--even right here on this blog.

Praying your trip brings you much inspiration!

lynnrush said...

It's amazing how God brings encouragement into your life at just the right times, isn't it?

I'm unpubbed as of yet, so you can imagine how often I battle the demon of discouragement....But, then I happen across blogs such as this, or get an encouraging email from my crit partners, etc.

God bless! Have a great weekend.

lynnrush said...

It's amazing how God brings encouragement into your life at just the right times, isn't it?

I'm unpubbed as of yet, so you can imagine how often I battle the demon of discouragement....But, then I happen across blogs such as this, or get an encouraging email from my crit partners, etc.

God bless! Have a great weekend.