Friday, October 26, 2007

Time For Rest and Renewal

I'll be taking a break from blogging for the next week or so, while we enjoy the mountains of western North Carolina, one of our favorite places to rest, recharge our batteries and marvel at the wonders of God's creation.

I have some projects to keep me busy: a couple of articles to complete, a work-in-progress that needs a bit of work and a lot of progress, and a new non-fiction book that's only partially done. But there'll be time for golf, walks in the woods, meals with friends, and sitting on the balcony letting God speak to me.

I'm speaking this Sunday at Fairfield Mountains Chapel, in Lake Lure, North Carolina. Last year I spoke there and then did a book-signing for The Tender Scar, and they've asked me to speak again on our return here. Not a full sermon. Just ten minutes from the pulpit. Pray that I have the right words to say as I talk about "Divine Appointments." Next Sunday, November 4, I'm speaking at South Roebuck Baptist Church in Birmingham, Alabama, during the morning service ("When God's Answer Doesn't Match Your Request"), then doing a grief workshop that afternoon. I'll need your prayers for that one, as well.

My life has changed dramatically in the past eight years, and what I expected to be a quiet retirement has turned in a new direction: writing and speaking. I've experienced a number of my own Divine Appointments along the way. Maybe I'll post about them soon. Meanwhile, have a wonderful week. Thanks for dropping by.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Be blessed with His presence all through the journey, Richard.