Saturday, September 22, 2007

Quick Note From The ACFW Meeting

I'm attending the ACFW meeting in Dallas--well, actually it's in Addison, which is quite a ways north of the skyline that you see in the picture. But still, it's close enough that we can drive over in an hour without having to go through TSA screening and flight delays.

I've had a couple of good interviews with editors and will be starting to work on yet another novel next week, one that I need to have complete in about three months. I have it plotted and have sketched out the characters. Now all I have to do is write it...and rewrite it...and edit it...and revise it. Well, you get the picture.

It's been great to see so many friends from the profession--editors, authors, and writers like myself. I agree with Jim Bell that one nice thing about Christian writing is getting to hang out with some great folks. This was such an opportunity.

If you haven't read the interview with Brandilyn Collins that precedes this post, please do so. I think you'll find it interesting. And come back on Wednesday to read an interview with James Scott Bell. Two heavyweights (figurative, Brandilyn--just figurative) in a row. How did I get so lucky?

See you then.

3 comments:

Timothy Fish said...

Ahh, Addison, I have fond memories of Addison. I bought the computer that got me through college in that town.

Angela Breidenbach said...

Hi Richard,
Thank you for being a lovely lunch mate! I look forward to visiting my library to see if they have your book:-) Thank you also for your kind words about my conference posts!
Angie

Kaye Dacus said...

Richard--
I'm sorry I missed seeing you at the conference. I hope you enjoyed the experience and am praying that good things will come out of it for you!