Thursday, August 02, 2007

Free Critique Service

Want some help with that scene? Would you like someone to critique a sample of your work? How about for free? That should get your attention.

Tina Helmuth, a writer from Minnesota, has decided that it would be neat to fill the time when she's not working on her own fiction by offering a free critique of 1000 to 1500 words of your work. I learned about this service on the ACFW loop and immediately sent Tina the opening scenes from my second novel. Her comments on my work will be posted on her blog site on Friday, August 3. I'd encourage you to stop by, not only to read my stuff but to get the information for sending your work to her. There will come a time--soon, I predict--when Tina will be doing this for a fee. If you want to catch her before that time comes, you should check out her blog, which has the catchy title of The Ink's Not Dry. I've been following it along for a couple of weeks (she posts her critiques on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday) and her advice is always constructive and, in my opinion, right on the money.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Good job, Richard. Now I want to read the novel!

david fry said...

Richard,

Thank you for sharing your work on Tina's blog. You have hooked another one.