Saturday, July 07, 2007

Lucky Day

According to my sources, the number of weddings being performed in Las Vegas today is triple the normal number. Why? Because it's 07/07/07, supposedly a very lucky day. I'd wager (pun very definitely intended) that there are more gamblers around the tables and machines today, as well.

Well, today is lucky for me. It's my birthday. As I look back at the preceding seventy years, I realize that I have so many things for which to be thankful--far too many to list here. It's a humbling experience to realize that, through God's grace, I've been allowed to live this long and do so many things. And I'm not through yet.

"What's next?" you may ask. Well, there's German chocolate cake to be eaten. After that? We'll just have to see, won't we?

4 comments:

mirk said...

It has to be luckier than the 6/6/06!

One More Writer said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Richard! Hope your day is a special one. Turning 70 on 07-07-07 should mean something, right?

Nicole said...

Yeah, specially blessed by the Lord of all Creation. Happy belated birthday!

mirk said...

It has to be luckier than the 6/6/06!